I studied at Trinity College of Music London where I gained LTCL in piano teaching. I graduated from the University of Sussex with a BA (Hons.) in music and an MA in Language, the Arts and Education. I am also ‘addicted’ to studying Open University courses and have two BAs in humanities from the Open University.
More recently I have been studying composition with Julian Broughton and Emma-Ruth Richards, and attend music summer schools each year. In order to keep abreast of current approaches to music teaching and piano teaching in particular I read journals and attend conferences on music teaching. I am a member of the European Piano Teachers’ Association.
I have many years’ experience of teaching adults and children, beginners to grade 8 both in schools and privately. My approach is friendly and I have a good relationship with my pupils. My pupils prepare for examinations if they wish.
- Peripatetic piano teacher at various schools in Surrey and East Sussex and now at my studio in Pevensey Bay.
- Adult educator offering a variety of courses.
- Currently lead a music group at the University of Sussex Chapel.
- LTCL (piano teacher) from Trinity College of Music, London
- BA (Hons.) in music and MA (Language, the Arts and Education) from the University of Sussex
- BA (Hons.) in music and BA (Open) from the Open University
- City and Guilds Teachers’ Certificate in Adult Education
- Teachers’ Certificate in Waldorf Education
- Diploma in Religious Education from the University of Brighton